Monday, November 3, 2014

Memorandum: For a great lady: Alexia Alexiadou



In fact, it's the first time I do that: writing words for somebody that I didn't personally know but shocked me fully with her death.

Alexia Alexiadou, the daughter of the "greek queen of kitchen" Vefa Alexiadou, was a young woman very passionate with kitchen, successful editor and always smiling and sweet mother. I never talked to her on the phone or face to face, but we spoke many times through media. She was the one to send me on February 2013 a personal message and propose me to contribute, along with photos of my personal work, to her next magazine issue. She was the one who two months ago sent me a personal message wishing me the best, while leaving abroad and proposed me once again to assist me in promoting my personal targets to her future issues.

And then, I blamed myself. Because I always wanted to knock the door of her business, enter and offer a few little sweets as a thankful gift, but never did. And then, last Wednesday evening I found out that she wasn't with us anymore. Words unspoken and suddenly you realise how short life is.
I do believe that people sometimes when they reach the highest level of happiness on earth probably they leave this world to reach a new target. Otherwise I cannot explain why God took an angel from earth. It was a real one. A woman who helped other women, other people. Who gave us, without asking anything back, a promotion, a new start, a definite hope to believe that dreams come true.

I am writing these probably unpleasant words, because with this post I wish to thank Alexia for all the good things she produced as a human being, as a woman. She has contributed along with her family to promote the greek kitchen and culture to Europe and overseas.
She has published many books for romantic evenings, for kids, for christmas. for healthy cooking, for everyday meals and the latest one was for chocolate lovers. A book which is not in my personal library but mostly in my kitchen... She has appeared many times on tv shows and she had a permanent show as well with her mother. Only good stuff.
I am really sorry Alexia, I have never met you although I wanted it, I found many common things between us but time was short for someone who doesn't easily express himself to others. I will always remember you with your positive energy and all the nice personal pictures of happiness that you shared with all your readers through your facebook account and your magazines each and every day/month since 2006.
Time is short, we should not wait to start... Thank you Alexia for guiding us... At least your father will not be alone anymore in the sky.

Κουράγιο στην οικογένεια, Χαρά και Βέφα να τη θυμάστε. Η μητέρα σας ήταν πραγματικό πρότυπο. Κ. Βέφα τι να πω... Η απώλεια παιδιού είναι πιο επώδυνη από ο,τιδήποτε άλλο. Κουράγιο πραγματικά.


Les Delices d'Eleni


No comments:

Post a Comment