Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas Bazaar in Thon 2014

That was my first bazaar to participate in France. And it was exceptional to me because I had the opportunity not only to sell but to work along with children for the first time in France. In fact, I organized a session for children where they found out little secrets about sugar paste and how to work with it and decorated two cupcakes each on their own taste. Colorful, inspired, curious and joyful.


At the same time, during this first bazaar I realized as well two very important things about me: That I have become known in the area, from the cupcakes offered for Telethon 2014 and that people are not afraid of purchasing when they like what they see. That doesn't mean that I sold expensive my little delices.


I had prepared two christmas decorated cakes and the purpose was to cut in pieces and sell each. Well, I sold the entire one uncut and the only the second one in pieces (so cakes were sold out). And then cupcakes with apricot and chocolate (zacher taste), caramel and chestnuts cream with chocolate ganache disappeared.

I am happy because I had my unique experience with children decorating, I finalized my first bazaar (not compared to my previous ones participared in Greece but still very much satisfied by the result of selling out) and I met people, discussed about sweets and exchanged ideas about my professional project.

This end of  year I am not planning to participate to other external commercial actions. Instead, this week will be devoted to little chocolates, to traditional greek sweets (recipes will follow) and of course to the creation of a gingerbread house and decoration of cookies with who else.... Children!!

This week I will post as well the recipes of the two cakes prepared and some tips about the cupcakes prepared.
Stay Tuned! Festive spirit is all around us!

Love,
Les Delices d' Eleni

No comments:

Post a Comment